海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 提上来:据说好看的人平均多活7年! 红颜薄命的调调估计是丑人提出来的。
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归酒吧           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 提上来:据说好看的人平均多活7年! 红颜薄命的调调估计是丑人提出来的。   
firefly
[博客]
[个人文集]

头衔: 海归上校

头衔: 海归上校
声望: 讲师
性别: 性别:女
加入时间: 2006/02/05
文章: 3644

海归分: 63153

文章标题: 提上来:据说好看的人平均多活7年! 红颜薄命的调调估计是丑人提出来的。 (2532 reads)      时间: 2011-7-19 周二, 08:11   

作者:firefly海归酒吧 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

也是,大部分人是丑的,说红颜薄命满足广大老百姓的酸葡萄心理。

波儿别生气,你大学照片算美女的哦 Smile

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/3341719/Why-beauty-is-an-advert-for-good-genes.html

https://www.sciforums.com/Good-looking-people-live-longer-t-43126.html

人类是物以类聚,好基因喜欢找好基因,比如,煎饼MM,她漂亮,跃民就喜欢,她生活幸福,自然会长命哦。

Create New Thread
Roman
12-08-04, 01:35 AM
In a new study, males rated in a high school yearbook by todays standards of attractiveness lived an average of seven years longer than the ugly ones.

Is it because ugly people live a more stressful life, or because attractive people are attractive because of their superior genes?
vslayer
12-08-04, 02:45 AM
stress, the lookers dont have to worry about looking good, so one less thing to stress their brains
TruthSeeker
12-08-04, 02:12 PM
In a new study, males rated in a high school yearbook by todays standards of attractiveness lived an average of seven years longer than the ugly ones.

Is it because ugly people live a more stressful life, or because attractive people are attractive because of their superior genes?
Attractive people might live longer simply because they work out, so they maintain their bodies healthier. That seems to be the most plausible explanation....
water
12-08-04, 04:42 PM
Mwuhuhahahahaha, I will live until I die! My longevity will rmeain unsurpassed.
Roman
12-08-04, 06:36 PM
Attractive people might live longer simply because they work out, so they maintain their bodies healthier. That seems to be the most plausible explanation.

Except they were yearbook photos, not pictures of muscles. They were rated on attractive faces.
Facial
12-08-04, 07:36 PM
I wouldn't dispute the statistic, but perhaps a lurking variable, stress, is involved?
hypatia
12-08-04, 11:46 PM
I think I read of a study somewhere that found a positive correlation between attractive facial features and healthier pregnancies for women.

It seems reasonable to me that we should have developed a way to assess someone's general health and strength on the basis of his or her appearance. Such an ability offers an enormous reproductive advantage.

Except they were yearbook photos, not pictures of muscles. They were rated on attractive faces.

But I would like to point out that people who are in shape often *do* have more attractive faces. You only need to be a little fluffy to have it show up in the jawline.
Xerxes
12-09-04, 01:31 AM
There is a correlation between health and looks, but thats only in our *subjective* perception ba<x>sed on what entails a healthy body in todays world. for the most part... Some people can thrive under any conditions. They set the standard

Many 'ugly' people would be genetically well suited to living in colder climates where they would not be considered so ugly(their bodies would have benefited from the strain, making them more attractive). In todays world, things like low me<x>tabolism can actually be harmful for a persons physique and general health. Instead of hunting, we sit around all day. So the people who can maintain a healthy body under the present conditions have the best genes.

Neither. Or at most a combination of the two.

Superior genes differ for each generation. Thats why we have such a large gene pool.

The environment determines gene ex<x>pression, which in turn determines level of attractiveness.
Bowser
12-09-04, 02:11 AM
So, if I have a bad-hair-day, do I lose a day. :bugeye:
maxzuk
12-09-04, 02:25 AM

There were no high school yearbooks back when the person in the l<x>ink below
lived but as far as I know he holds the record for longevity in the modern era.

He gives some ideas about how he lived so long – his death seems to be l<x>inked directly to pollution and food fit for a King.

https://www.westminster-abbey.org/library/burial/parr.htm
Roman
12-09-04, 02:26 AM
Xerxes:

Many 'ugly' people would be genetically well suited to living in colder climates where they would not be considered so ugly(their bodies would have benefited from the strain, making them more attractive). In todays world, things like low me<x>tabolism can actually be harmful for a persons physique and general health. Instead of hunting, we sit around all day. So the people who can maintain a healthy body under the present conditions have the best genes.

yes, I've heard all this before. However, this study offers evidence that attractiveness may be both more ob<x>jective and more biologically l<x>inked than we originally thought.

You are addressing body type; the study did not look at body type. The study was conducted on yearbook pictures.

I know ugly faces with attractive bodies and attractive faces with ugly bodies, this wasn't what the study was on.

Imagine if you and I were identical in all regards Xerxes, except you were pretty and I was Quasimodo. You'd live about 7 more years than I.

Perhaps good health manifests itself in facial appearance?
Xerxes
12-09-04, 01:15 PM
yes, I've heard all this before. However, this study offers evidence that attractiveness may be both more ob<x>jective and more biologically l<x>inked than we originally thought.

Well, if you consider the fact that neotenous facial features are considered by most people to be the most attractive, then it makes perfect sense. These people are biologically younger.

Such situations have as much to do with genetics as environment (stress, diet..things which influence gene ex<x>pression.)

Like I said, someone with genes that are best suited to surviving in a specific environment will look better- younger, greater vitality in general

Imagine if you and I were identical in all regards Xerxes, except you were pretty and I was Quasimodo. You'd live about 7 more years than I.

Not necessarily. You're assuming a few things:
1)neither of us will change much in appearance/have a life altering experience(sent to prison, change diet, exercise, surgery, new location)
2)the environment remains constant (job, location-again, etc)

A large number of athletes who look and function very well have increased risks of strokes for example. Its *generally* true, except for the fact that appearances can be decieving (which is why I think of them as subjective)

Perhaps good health manifests itself in facial appearance?

It may be true to some extent, but its about as valid as saying that nose or shoe size has a correlation with the size of ones penis. Sort of, a lot of the time..but not really.
gendanken
12-10-04, 02:39 PM
Hypatia:
But I would like to point out that people who are in shape often *do* have more attractive faces. .
Oh yeah-fucking-right:

Fabio
Schwarzenegger
John Blasdow
Vin Diesel
Chyna

Or for that matter any woman that goes in for sports, there is something odd about the building of muscle that lends horse traits to the face.

Xerxes:

I happen to think you find "uglier" types near the tropics- steatopygous black races with disproportionate features or stout natives of Guyana and Papua New Guinea or the aboriginals of Australia.
I happen to find the Mongoloid features of Hunic ancestors fucking hot as well as the more fair features of the Teutons.

In other words, attractive is strictly subjective- true. Those picked as best looking and most popular in my school were watered down fuglies.

However, there is a universal undercurrent tying in what we all find attractive - symmetry, health, youth.

And I think you're all missing the big picture of why the beautiful may or may not live longer- they tend to work in jobs stripped of labor: places like offices or retail or reception desks for the commoners and magazines and television for the not-so-common.

Undercover studies have shown that places of status- fancy restaurants or corporate businesses- tend to hire those that look as if they'd work in an office or a fancy restaurant as opposed to a supermarket.

In other words, if you look like a plumber you'll live and die like one treated as one.
Egoist
12-10-04, 06:49 PM
there are features that are uniformly attractive across all cultures, symmetry, clear complexion, a cut jaw, high cheekbones.. these are all indicative of good genes..
TruthSeeker
12-10-04, 11:50 PM
Huuummmm... maybe not.
Welcome anyways.... Very HappyVery Happy
Create New Thread

作者:firefly海归酒吧 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
[ZT]知名演员陈晓旭5月13日因病在深圳去世.......可惜可叹,红颜... 海归茶馆 2007-5-18 周五, 01:27
[周末愉快]提上来答小狼的问题:男人为什么比女人平均少活7-8年??? 海归酒吧 2009-7-03 周五, 14:38
[新闻] ZT网曝吉林一局长官腔:老百姓想要公平?臭不要脸! 中广网 ZT 海归商务 2011-5-25 周三, 09:16
VC系列:硅谷冬未眠 平均每天仍有4家创业公司拿到风投(转帖) 海归主坛 2008-10-29 周三, 05:28
沙玫瑰妹妹,估计你到了三藩了吧。想了一下,这里的越南牛筋粉(面)不错 海归酒吧 2008-3-11 周二, 14:37
一天没顾上,大民主之火可以燎原了,只是点击。。昨晚在金融街参加了一个千人时... 海归酒吧 2007-9-28 周五, 16:07
几天晚上SR没有在酒吧出现。估计是约会,爽去了。。。 海归酒吧 2006-9-09 周六, 00:29
趣文转贴: 美丽无罪,色心是错 ―― 浅谈“祸水红颜” 海归茶馆 2004-7-29 周四, 03:39

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 firefly离线  发送站内短信 发送电子邮件
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归酒吧           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件可以下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.