海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: [老中原创/英语角] 98DX说我推荐信写得不好, 但是HILTON刚才通知JESSICA去面试!!!
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归酒吧           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 [老中原创/英语角] 98DX说我推荐信写得不好, 但是HILTON刚才通知JESSICA去面试!!!   
laozhong
[博客]
[个人文集]

头衔: 海归元帅

头衔: 海归元帅
声望: 大师
性别: 性别:男
加入时间: 2004/12/19
文章: 10727
来自: 苏州/天津/北京/重庆/美国
海归分: 1376775

文章标题: [老中原创/英语角] 98DX说我推荐信写得不好, 但是HILTON刚才通知JESSICA去面试!!! (2630 reads)      时间: 2006-11-16 周四, 10:56   

作者:laozhong海归酒吧 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

我的E-MAIL是写给认得的人, 所以比较INFORMAL.

HOLIDAY INN的某总监已RESIGN, 所以改投HILTON.

真不希望她离开重庆, 但人家迟早是要走的.

===============================================

My second recommendation letter since 2001 I came back to Chongqing

2006-11-14重庆青年报”双选学生展示”刊出重庆快乐英语七段英华美重庆学院2007毕业生徐旭个人简历及照片

Dear Miss Wang:

This is John Peng, the one teaching the management employees business English in your hotel 2-3 years ago. I later met you and Juliet at Mr. Manfred Schneider's farewell party. Do you still remember me?

I have had about 5000 students at my English corners since I came back to Chongqing in 2001 and this is indeed the second recommendation letter I ever write for my students. (The first one I recommended did not even finish her college and has been working for Siemens Shanghai since 2003.)

Jessica is even better than the first one and she will graduate from Informatics College next summer.

I talked with many supervisors in China that they all complained about their subordinates for one thing in common, that is, if you tell your subordinate to do something, you most likely never heard from him/her about it, which left you wondering whether

1. It was done, but the subordinate forgot to report it back to you, or
2. It was totally forgotten, or
3. He/she was busy with other stuff without knowing your priority, or
4. There was some difficulty which stopped him/her, or
5. He/she needed critical help from you or other department to resolve certain issue before the assignment could be completed, or...

However, as my assistant for 2+ years, Jessica has made me trouble-free even though I am such a picky perfectionist! She is now graduating but I cannot find anyone from my 5000 students, who could possibly help me even 50% as she can.

Moreover, I kept getting all kinds of problems I thought someone else should be in a better position to help me. However, almost every time the other party could not offer me the help, it was Jessica who helped me out!!!

In my opinion, an employer has to be very lucky to have such an assistant (If you find she is not as impeccable as I described above, simply dismiss her and I bet she would find another decent job in no time.)

Having said so much, there is still another big point I have to make - her English proficiency.

My English corners have had 376 sessions since April 2002. Although thousands of students more or less improved their oral English at the corners, she is one of the very few, who made radical progress, say from about 4.5 in IELTS Speaking Test to 7.0, which means fluent English with accurate pronunciation.

Please call her at 1234-5678 (cell) to test her English first. If you are not impressed by her English, case closed.

I am very proud of her and I congratulate for your getting an assistant you might hardly find again for the rest of your life.

Thank you for your time and consideration. If you need more info about Jessica, please call me at 139-9646-8363.

Yours very truly,

John Peng
MSEE, Purdue University, USA
MSCE, University of Southern California
[email protected]
www.cqhappyenglish.org

作者:laozhong海归酒吧 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
[老中原创] 英语角MM在上海 [连载之一] 海归酒吧 2010-12-27 周一, 15:08
[老中原创] 英语角八周年女主持人找到了!!! "我171净高,... 海归酒吧 2010-1-06 周三, 00:47
[老中原创] 英语角八年来三次另立山头始末 海归酒吧 2010-1-02 周六, 13:18
[老中原创] 英语角七周年大盘点: 700期 + 37次大活动, 103找... 海归酒吧 2009-3-23 周一, 01:35
[老中原创] 英语角七年来同时被重庆多家500强外企录用的同学有七大共同点 海归酒吧 2009-3-14 周六, 14:31
[老中原创] 英语角MM, 我本来老婆孩子都安排好了, 是你们让我上不了西天! 海归酒吧 2009-2-15 周日, 13:44
[老中原创] 英语角千里挑一帅哥及美已归的幸福生活 海归酒吧 2009-1-11 周日, 17:26
[老中原创] 英语角六周年大盘点: 134同学从重庆毕业了!!! 海归酒吧 2008-7-29 周二, 18:51

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 laozhong离线  发送站内短信 MSN
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归酒吧           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件可以下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.