海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 【板砖找事帖】提上来狠拍貌似启发人生的论点:“要找到自己真正喜欢,有passion的工作”
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归酒吧           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 【板砖找事帖】提上来狠拍貌似启发人生的论点:“要找到自己真正喜欢,有passion的工作”   
所跟贴 【板砖找事帖】提上来狠拍貌似启发人生的论点:“要找到自己真正喜欢,有passion的工作” -- XiamenTurtle - (1060 Byte) 2007-6-26 周二, 17:40 (2642 reads)
海归草
[博客]
[个人文集]

警告次数: 1

头衔: 海归中将

头衔: 海归中将
声望: 专家
性别: 性别:男年龄: 53
加入时间: 2006/05/19
文章: 4193
来自: NYC,LA,Chicago,Miami
海归分: 512448

文章标题: 【拍夏龟同盟会】夏归喜欢给人上课,我们喜欢丢夏归砖头 [正宗山西黑窑出品] (605 reads)      时间: 2007-6-26 周二, 23:30   

作者:海归草海归酒吧 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

十年以前,我曾经也象“圣贤”一样,在芝城见新来的留学生就说这个貌似启发人生的论点:“要找到自己真正喜欢,有passion的工作”。 这样,人生就圆满了,妈泥(美刀)也不用操心了,绿纸就会象黄河泛滥那样滚滚而来,滔滔不绝,blah, blah, blah。。。

后来,一个MM的回答,让我有一种恍然大悟的感觉,再也不如此启发别人了。她听了我的哼哼教诲,想了一会,然后说:Kao,我啥工作也不喜欢,就喜欢挣钱!

夏归,种瓜得瓜,种豆得豆。
不种,肯定什么也没有。
但是种了以后,收成如何还得靠老天啊。[古人云:命里无时莫强求]
所谓passion,也就是“工作狂”的意思。成狂肯定是少数,所以成功就是少数。
原论点就是如此正确![知道大部分人是平凡的人,没有强烈的passion]
夏归为何故作文章?!还要搬出小女生来。

下面,给你个穷犹太人的励志的故事:

Tahari on a Tear
Sunday, Oct. 29, 2006 By KATE BETTS

When designer Elie Tahari landed in New York City at age 19 in 1971, he had $300 in his pocket and couldn't read English. After a "miserable" childhood spent in an Israeli orphanage, Tahari had only one dream, and that was the Big Apple--as he had seen it in the movies. With a plane ticket provided free by one of his brothers, then an airline employee, Tahari landed determined to make money.

"I was driven to be successful," he says, "but I didn't know what I would do."

Add him to the Immigrant Makes Good collection. Today, Tahari, 54, is the CEO of the $500 million Elie Tahari sportswear business. It's one of Seventh Avenue's most successful brands, with more than 600 points of sale in the U.S., including upscale department stores such as Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue. At the opening of Bloomingdale's in San Francisco last month, Tahari says, the label was the top vendor, outselling Ralph Lauren by 30% in the first two weeks.

Tahari's initial connection to fashion was occupational but incidental. His first job was as an electrician at Nyborg Electric on 40th Street, in Manhattan's garment district. He was put in charge of servicing the showrooms of clothing firms, giving him a peek at fashion design in process. At night he moonlighted as a salesman at a Greenwich Village clothing boutique called Fig Leaf that was open until 2 a.m. Tahari began making suggestions to the owner about items that he thought would sell. Many of them, including the tube top, took off. Tahari realized he had an eye for fashion trends.

By 1973, Tahari had his own shop on East 53rd Street that catered to the disco crowd, and created two labels called Midnight Lady and Morning Lady. He peddled trends like handkerchief-hem dresses to the club crowd. In 1979, with disco losing its rhythm, he opened a shop on Madison Avenue and began selling suits with a trendy vibe, cashing in on the needs of working women.

It wasn't until a patternmaker in his office suggested he use his name on the label that Tahari the brand was born. "I came from a broken, poor background, so nobody in my family ever wanted to be associated with this name. But then someone told me it was a beautiful name," he says.

There's a bolt of pathos in that tale, but in truth it was accessible design that made the name famous. "Tahari's success comes from the fact that the look is not too fashion forward and not too conservative," says Dana Telsey, CEO of Telsey Advisory Group (TAG), an independent research firm. "They've also captured a very wide audience--both the upper-end consumer and the aspirational consumer."

Indeed, the price range--$147 to $598 for a jacket and $172 to $448 for a dress--means that Elie Tahari is within reach of more women than are designer tags like Prada or Gucci. But the real secret to Tahari's success, according to the designer's wife Rory, who is the brand's creative director, is the way the clothes fit. "Elie doesn't do fittings on models; he fits the samples on real women," she says. And customers respond. Ann Stordahl, executive vice president for women's apparel at Neiman Marcus, says that Elie Tahari is one of the store's best-selling contemporary brands because of its more universal fit.

Tahari's post-disco designs helped popularize what's known as the bridge category--less expensive career-based clothing--in the early 1980s. Then, responding to the demand for trendier, more comfortable clothing, he started Theory in 1997 with former Anne Klein executive Andrew Rosen. The idea was to base a whole contemporary collection around stretch fabrics, particularly pants. Tahari sold his Theory stake for $53 million in 2003 (He is now suing Rosen for $182 million claiming "fraudulent self-dealing." Rosen calls the suit "a fantasy ... created in total disregard of the facts") and in 2004 made an unsuccessful bid to buy Barneys, the fashion department store. "It was a bitter battle," Rory says. "He really wanted that. Most people think of Elie as a wholesaler, but he's really a retailer at heart."

Despite some of those more contentious dealings, Tahari describes himself as a shy, spiritual man (he practices feng shui and follows the teachings of philosopher Eric Butterworth). You won't see him taking a bow on the runway or featuring his homes in magazines (although he could: he recently bought News Corp. boss Rupert Murdoch's 9,300-sq.-ft. SoHo triplex for a reported $25 million). "My life is my work and vice versa," he says. "I told my wife that when we got married, she had to be involved with my work or we couldn't be together."

It's a deal. Since they married in March 2000, the Taharis have updated the label with plans to turn it into their version of a luxury brand--Rory calls it "Modern Luxury." For fall 2006, Tahari introduced shoes, handbags and menswear. Tahari says he is not abandoning the bridge business. Yet prices for some accessories such as handbags run as high as the $2,800 range. The goal is to make Elie Tahari into a $1 billion business in the next five years. Most brands move down the price curve to expand, not up. "Nothing Elie does is industry standard practice," says Rory. "He has always been ahead of the wave, not riding it."

作者:海归草海归酒吧 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
【板砖点评本帖之前的四个主帖】长篇大论说来说去,就两个字 海归酒吧 2009-6-19 周五, 14:44
【板砖帖预告】《圈子圈套》伤痕累累,惨不忍睹。本周内大号板砖伺候 海归酒吧 2008-2-22 周五, 04:23
【板砖狠拍帖-让恺撒的归恺撒,上帝的归上帝】没钱就不能泡妞了吗?钱就比妞S... 海归酒吧 2007-11-15 周四, 12:23
【明眼看中国】提上来笑评一段黄光裕涉黑的疑似假新闻:黄氏收买媒体9万帖子加... 海归主坛 2008-12-15 周一, 16:33
【范进中举帖】十月十日下午三点,我以跟帖之身,中了五星!本明眼激动得痛哭流... 海归茶馆 2008-10-10 周五, 15:46
【范进中举帖】十月十日下午三点,我以跟帖之身,中了五星!本明眼激动得痛哭流... 海归主坛 2008-10-10 周五, 15:41
【板砖预告】狠拍《创业前沿》中国财经记者水平的烂文“真正生意人的七种基本能... 海归论坛 2007-4-16 周一, 14:27
【三月春歌】【板蓝花儿开】 By 渔舟,海石 高山流水 2012-3-23 周五, 01:08

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 海归草离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归酒吧           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件可以下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.