海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 杨老师教学笔记(10) 成就感就是这样吹出来的
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 杨老师教学笔记(10) 成就感就是这样吹出来的   
沙石壁崖
[博客]
[个人文集]

头衔: 海归少将

头衔: 海归少将
声望: 专家
性别: 性别:男
加入时间: 2006/02/15
文章: 1615

海归分: 239693

文章标题: 杨老师教学笔记(10) 成就感就是这样吹出来的 (2621 reads)      时间: 2014-7-24 周四, 08:56   

作者:沙石壁崖海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

“你是在做补习广告吗?”有人问我。
“你在自吹自擂吧?”有人指责我。

俗话说,“牛不是吹出来的。”一个老师的好坏,不是靠他自己吹,而是看学生的成就。

说到吹,让我想起我上课的一个小插曲。作文的范围是第一次学习乐器的经验。我的学生是学银笛的。我就启发他在写吹银笛的过程中,可以利用“吹”(blow)这个单词的双关意义来做文章。比如,英语熟语里有“blow out of proportion”,还可以联想到inflated(充气), deflated(瘪气), fully-blown(膨胀)等与吹气相关的单词与词组。

结果,学生写出来的作文那可不是吹的------倍儿棒!

My First Blow-out Experience

I had not fully grasped the true meaning of the phrase “Blow out of proportion” until the very first day when I took up my flute playing class.

Flute playing looks so easy, so effortless and so jocular. You simply pump enough carbon-dioxide 2 into the mouthpiece of the tube while your fingers fluctuate upon those holes alternately, and some kind of melody would automatically flow out of the end of the flute.

With this misconception in mind, I took up my flute for the first time with a fully blown ego and equally fully blown air from my lungs.

To my devastating embarrassment, the air that I pumped so hard into the tube failed to be tenderized into anything remotely musical, but instead exploded abruptly, sounding as if the acid gas emitted from a Mexican who has had too much bean. Undeterred I kept blowing harder and harder till my face turned purple and my eye pupils almost popped out of their sockets, yet the stubborn flute refused to give in.

Such confrontation turned my compassion for flute into a kind of animosity, to the point where I almost broke it into two!

My flute teacher, who was a soft spoken young lady, calmed me down by gracefully playing a melody that sounded like a fluttering butterfly among the flowers. Her pose, gesture, expression and rhythm all seemed so easy, effortless and so jocular. She is a living proof that playing a musical instrument is not as easy as it seems, but that it will achieve its perfection as long as you keep on and never give up.

She showed me some basic techniques and certain tricks. Sure enough, my second try sounded much less awful than the first time, which blew up my already deflated confidence once again, this time not out of proportion, though.

双关语的修辞功能在这篇文章中被利用到了极致。标题中的My first blow-out experience, 即可理解成“我第一次演砸的经历”,也可以理解成“我第一次吹出来的经验”。 文中的with a fully blown ego and equally fully blown air from my lungs, 再度巧妙地利用双关语的作用,把抽象(膨胀的自我)与具体(肺部排出大量的气)并列在一起,达到一种完美的修辞效果。文中还在多处恰到好处地使用与吹气相关的词汇,如 pump (排气), emit(排放),explode (爆破),blew up my already deflated confidence(鼓起本已瘪下的信心)。文章结尾再度出现out of proportion这一短语,与文章的标题遥相呼应,为作文画上一个完美的句点。

成就感就是这样吹出来的。

作者:沙石壁崖海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
杨老师教学笔记(9) 庄谐雅谑皆妙句,嬉笑怒骂尽文章 海归茶馆 2014-7-23 周三, 08:16
杨老师教学笔记(8) 打破文化差异的“玻璃幕墙” 海归茶馆 2014-7-22 周二, 09:21
剽窃一万次就是原创 ---杨老师教学笔记(7) 海归茶馆 2014-7-21 周一, 05:09
推?敲?推敲。推“敲”!——杨老师教学笔记(6) 海归茶馆 2014-7-21 周一, 03:19
糟糕的文章都是相似的。优秀的文章各有各的优秀 —杨老师教学笔记(4) 海归茶馆 2014-7-20 周日, 03:40
给玫瑰取个别的名字,情人节那天就卖不出好价钱!杨老师教学笔记(3) 海归茶馆 2014-7-19 周六, 08:46
(杨老师教学笔记13)英语作文“三杯茶” 海归茶馆 2014-11-12 周三, 03:44
“语不惊人誓不休”---英语写作的标杆(杨老师教学笔记2) 海归茶馆 2014-7-19 周六, 03:51

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 沙石壁崖离线  发送站内短信 发送电子邮件 MSN
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.