海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 史上最狂妄的演讲,故事本身已听到耳朵里起螀子,但是看到原文,还是感觉这个演讲很有煽动性,牛
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 史上最狂妄的演讲,故事本身已听到耳朵里起螀子,但是看到原文,还是感觉这个演讲很有煽动性,牛   
哪里非也

头衔: 海归少校

头衔: 海归少校

加入时间: 2005/10/26
文章: 117

海归分: 27736

文章标题: 史上最狂妄的演讲,故事本身已听到耳朵里起螀子,但是看到原文,还是感觉这个演讲很有煽动性,牛 (2299 reads)      时间: 2005-12-26 周一, 14:55   

作者:哪里非也海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

以下是摘自 https://school.icxo.com/htmlnews/2005/12/15/739630_0.htm

的英文原文:

Graduates of Yale University, I apologize if you have endured this type of prologue before, but I want you to do something for me. Please, take a good look around you. Look at the classmate on your left. Look at the classmate on your right. Now, consider this:five years from now, 10 years from now, even 30 years from now, odds are the person on your left is going to be a loser. The person on your right, meanwhile, will also be a loser. And you, in the middle? What can you expect? Loser. Loserhood. Loser Cum Laude.
In fact, as I look out before me today, I dont see a thousand hopes for a bright tomorrow. I dont see a thousand future leaders in a thousand industries. I see a thousand losers.
Youre upset. Thats understandable. After all, how can I, Lawrence Larry Ellison,college dropout, have the audacity to spout such heresy to the graduating class of one of the nations most prestigious institutions? Ill tell you why. Because I, Lawrence Larry Ellison, second richest man on the planet, am a college dropout, and you are not.
Because Bill Gates, richest man on the planet —— for now, anyway —— is a college dropout, and you are not.
Because Paul Allen, the third richest man on the planet, dropped out of college, and you did not.
And for good measure, because Michael Dell, No. 9 on the list and moving up fast, is a college dropout, and you, yet again, are not.
Hmm . . . youre very upset. Thats understandable. So let me stroke your egos for a moment by pointing out, quite sincerely, that your diplomas were not attained in vain. Most of you, I imagine, have spent four to five years here, and in many ways what youve learned and endured will serve you well in the years ahead. Youve established good work habits. Youve established a network of people that will help you down the road. And youve established what will be lifelong relationships with the word therapy. All that of is good. For in truth, you will need that network. You will need those strong work habits. You will need that therapy.
You will need them because you didnt drop out, and so you will never be among the richest people in the world. Oh sure, you may, perhaps, work your way up to No. 10 or No. 11, like Steve Ballmer. But then, I dont have to tell you who he really works for, do I?
And for the record, he dropped out of grad school. Bit of a late bloomer.
Finally, I realize that many of you, and hopefully by now most of you, are wondering, Is there anything I can do? Is there any hope for me at all? Actually, no. Its too late. Youve absorbed too much, think you know too much. Youre not 19 anymore. You have a built-in cap, and Im not referring to the mortar boards on your heads.
Hmm…… youre really very upset. Thats understandable. So perhaps this would be a good time to bring up the silver lining. Not for you, Class of 00. You are a write-off,so Ill let you slink off to your pathetic $200,000-a-year jobs, where your checks will be signed by former classmates who dropped out two years ago.
Instead, I want to give hope to any underclassmen here today. I say to you, and I cant stress this enough: leave. Pack your things and your ideas and dont come back. Drop out. Start up.
For I can tell you that a cap and gown will keep you down just as surely as these security guards dragging me off this stage are keeping me down . . .
(At this point The Oracle CEO was ushered off stage.)

作者:哪里非也海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
长老奔命青城 - 导游MM讲道,听得偶狂堵耳朵眼儿- 还不如看小猴演孙悟空哪! 海归茶馆 2005-11-10 周四, 00:09
演讲很好,推荐观看 海归主坛 2014-11-27 周四, 14:50
[转帖]关于战争和历史的一篇讲话,对当今舆论很有颠覆性。不太象老大说的话,... 海归主坛 2014-4-21 周一, 14:30
【该不该看“唐山大地震 ”】小时候买过纪实文学 - 为PLA感动【 现在 ... 海归茶馆 2010-7-27 周二, 15:15
[讨论]讲历史?!我来给你讲历史 海归酒吧 2010-2-02 周二, 21:01
黄金的历史会简单地重演吗?(原) 海归主坛 2008-10-14 周二, 08:30
【中国股市】《历史将不断地重演?——2008.06.18 不是一般意义的反... 谈股论金 2008-6-18 周三, 19:24
[ 其 它 ]讲讲很久以前的事 海归风情 2006-12-19 周二, 08:58

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 哪里非也离线  发送站内短信
  • 史上最狂妄的演讲,故事本身已听到耳朵里起螀子,但是看到原文,还是感觉这个演讲很有煽动性,牛 -- 哪里非也 - (3526 Byte) 2005-12-26 周一, 14:55 (2299 reads)
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.