海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: [转帖]创业——能够创造机会并使人们摆脱贫困:奥巴马总统在创业峰会上发表讲话
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务 -> 项目找投资与合作           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 [转帖]创业——能够创造机会并使人们摆脱贫困:奥巴马总统在创业峰会上发表讲话   
所跟贴 [转帖]创业——能够创造机会并使人们摆脱贫困:奥巴马总统在创业峰会上发表讲话 -- opt123 - (4898 Byte) 2010-5-05 周三, 08:40 (2085 reads)
opt123

头衔: 海归上尉
声望: 学员

加入时间: 2005/09/26
文章: 98

海归分: 7376

文章标题: [转帖]杨致远在创业峰会午餐会上演讲 (735 reads)      时间: 2010-5-05 周三, 08:58   

作者:opt123项目找投资与合作 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

杨致远在创业峰会午餐会上演讲:
Creating an Environment for High Growth Entrepreneurship to Flourish

I had the privilege today to speak at the Presidential Summit on Entrepreneurship.

I ultimately consider myself an entrepreneur – from the time David Filo and I started Yahoo! in a small campus trailer parked at Stanford, and even more so today. David and I had a dream fueled by the entrepreneurial spirit and a love for technology

The gathering of delegates at the Summit represents an appreciation for the critical role entrepreneurs play in advancing the global community. The Summit follows the President’s commitment during his June 2009 speech in Cairo, and is an effort to join existing efforts and inspire new efforts to promote entrepreneurship and innovation, with a focus on Muslim-majority countries and Muslim communities around the world.

Many renowned experts in the U.S. and globally are speaking, and President Obama addresses the group this evening.

I spent most of my talk discussing what it takes for regions, countries and societies to create a “high growth entrepreneurship” environment – one that is ripe for technology entrepreneurs. Later today, I will share a link to view my speech.

While entrepreneurship may be an individual’s pursuit, a “high growth entrepreneurship” environment where technology entrepreneurs can thrive doesn’t happen by accident.

You need to have the right foundation to enable entrepreneurship to flourish. A foundation that includes: a commitment to research and development; investment in education (including fundamental science at the University level); access to capital funding; and a culture that encourages an entrepreneur ecosystem – from immigration and technology access to online communities and mentors who encourage our youth.

Over the years, the U.S. has addressed much of the foundational elements of high-growth entrepreneurship, and as a result, we see a steady stream of entrepreneurs, technology innovation and economic opportunities.

Let me share two powerful stats.

· According to the Kauffman Foundation, between 1980 and 2005, virtually all net new jobs created in the U.S. were created by firms that were 5 years old or less. That is about 40 million jobs.

· In 2008, research from the National Venture Capital Association showed that VC backed companies in the U.S. employed 12.1 million people generating $3 trillion in revenue. This represents the equivalent of 21% of the U.S. GDP.

But the power of the Internet, innovation and ideas, and entrepreneurship is borderless. People around the world, especially young people, are increasingly enthusiastic about chasing new opportunities and starting their own businesses.

And for any entrepreneur, whether they’re in Cairo, Egypt or Cairo, Illinois, or India or Indonesia, the challenge becomes building the bridge and foundations that will enables high-growth entrepreneurship and technology to flourish.

The Middle East shows signs of a growing number of budding entrepreneurs.

The Silatech Index: Voice of Young Arabs study conducted with Gallup in June 2009 found that the majority of Arab youth surveyed believe entrepreneurship is the key to future job creation in the region. Underscoring that fact was the fact that 26 percent of the young Arabs surveyed in the region were planning to start their own business within the next 12 months.

From my perspective, what is particularly encouraging about these results is how they highlight an emerging willingness to consider new approaches and pursue new ideas.

Let me share an example. The founders of Maktoob.com, a company Yahoo! acquired last year, pursued a new idea 10 years ago. Co-founders Samih Toukan and Hussam Khoury noticed there were few online services that offered content in Arabic, their native language. In their spare time, they began to work on an email service that would support Arabic, later adding others online content services.

They were fortunate to have education, mentors (including Fadi Ghandour, a successful CEO/entrepreneur in the Middle East) and funding, which would help make this dream possible. Samih and Hussam ultimately created the world’s largest Arab online community. Today, with more than 19 million users in the Middle East region, Yahoo! Maktoob is committed to increasing Arabic content and helping youth and entrepreneurs in the region.

Just last week, Yahoo! Maktoob, in partnership with NGO Nahdet El Mahrousa, launched a social entrepreneurship campaign in Egypt called, “Social Innovation Starts with YOU!”. Individuals from across Egypt will be invited to become the next social entrepreneurs of the year by developing new ideas in the fields of education, health and the environment. Ten winners will receive monetary grants and technical and management support for three years to help bring their ideas to life.

Samih and Hussan’s journey highlights what is possible for today’s entrepreneurs. There are plenty of other examples of successful entrepreneurs in emerging markets, and opportunities for others with a desire to create future companies or ideas – in mobile technology, software, clean technologies, biotech or social networking, to name but a few.

In this “flat world”, there is a tremendous opportunity for countries around the globe to participate in high-growth entrepreneurship and further technology advancements. It is critical for everyone – public officials, private industry, NGOs, educational institutions, entrepreneurs and others – to help build a foundation to help support this.

Collectively, we can make an impact, and help ensure entrepreneurship and technology continues its remarkable progress in emerging economies and around the world … so that future generations will see their dreams come to life.

Jerry Yang
Co-founder, Yahoo!

作者:opt123项目找投资与合作 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
资料备查:奥巴马总统2013年4月18日早晨在波士顿的感人演讲(转帖) 海归主坛 2013-4-19 周五, 03:10
[转帖]奥巴马总统宣布6月为同性恋自豪月 海归主坛 2009-6-06 周六, 23:34
[转帖]奥巴马说创造绿色就业 投资移民 2011-11-28 周一, 20:16
[原创+贴图] 墙外香人物 之 雷宜锌 -奥巴马说,我被镇住了! 生活风情 2012-1-22 周日, 05:52
[分享]奥巴马:输什么都不能在创新上输给中国 春秋茶馆 2010-12-22 周三, 10:37
[原创]跨时代的利好,奥巴马宣布结束历时7年的对伊战争,把政府工作重心放到... 谈股论金 2010-9-01 周三, 23:19
效仿奥巴马,中国当创设官员“裸财”之规 海归主坛 2010-4-18 周日, 00:40
美国新闻:奥巴马向银行业宣战(转帖) 海归主坛 2010-1-23 周六, 01:12

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 opt123离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务 -> 项目找投资与合作           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件可以下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.