海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 管理笔记 (2) -- How To Interview
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 管理笔记 (2) -- How To Interview   
seattle
[博客]
[个人文集]

头衔: 海归准将

头衔: 海归准将
声望: 学员

加入时间: 2004/02/26
文章: 1377

海归分: 150911

文章标题: 管理笔记 (2) -- How To Interview (2576 reads)      时间: 2006-2-14 周二, 17:30   

作者:seattle海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

Needless to say the importance of hiring the right employees at the first place. I have been in the belief that there is no bad employee, but there can only be a bad manager. More often than not, an employee does not perform not because he/she cannot, but because s/he is ill used or misplaced.

You ask questions and get answers to find about a candidate. Usually, there are 3 types of questions interviewers can ask:

1. Questions to find how fast and well a person thinks (they say MicroSoft uses a lot of such questions);
2. Questions for skill and experience testing;
3. Behavioral questions -- questions about this candidate as a person.

For most technical positions you focus on question types 1 and 2. For some other positions, especially positions that require people skills, you have to ask behavioral questions as well. However, many of us are confused with the different ways to ask the different types of questions.

For questionsn types 1 and 2, you can raise them in a theoretical way, such as "If ... how will you do it?" For behavioral questions you cannot do the same. Reason is simple, a theoretical question only test a candidate's knowledge -- and thus can find out if he knows how to handle it, but possesion of that knowledge does not mean the person will behave that way. YOu need to find out about the candidate's actual behavior in such a situation rather than his/her knowledge of that behavior.

Therefore, instead of raising the question in a "if ... then ... " format, ask the candidate to give an example of how he takes care of a certain situation in his/her past. For example, you can tell the candidate to "please tell me how you walked into a new company, and made the best use of the senior people already in the team who had good experience?" instead of asking: "Let's imagine, if you walk into a new company and there are lots of exerienced senior people, how will you make the best use of them?"

To get good answer to your behavior question, you should remember the "STAR" concept: Situation, Task, Action, Result. What was the background situation, what was the candidate needed to do, what did he do, what were the consequences.

We can only rely on solid past behavior to predicate his/her future action.

I don't trust empty words. For example, in my interviews, I don't give any credit to words like "I am a hard worker, I am intellegient, creative ... etc etc." I want good examples. If you say you have a wide range of interest, and you are a hard worker, and you don't know even know some of the common web sites of your skill areas, and know nothing about the trend of your technology, then you are lying.

作者:seattle海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
[波儿的波]家装笔记-伦敦花匠Nikki Tibbles的“极多主义”风格... 生活风情 2015-10-03 周六, 20:35
(杨老师教学笔记13)英语作文“三杯茶” 海归茶馆 2014-11-12 周三, 03:44
(杨老师英语教学笔记12)简洁是诗歌之魂 海归茶馆 2014-11-01 周六, 03:20
杨老师教学笔记11 誓将辞藻堆砌进行到底 海归茶馆 2014-9-18 周四, 12:05
杨老师教学笔记(10) 成就感就是这样吹出来的 海归茶馆 2014-7-24 周四, 08:56
杨老师教学笔记(9) 庄谐雅谑皆妙句,嬉笑怒骂尽文章 海归茶馆 2014-7-23 周三, 08:16
杨老师教学笔记(8) 打破文化差异的“玻璃幕墙” 海归茶馆 2014-7-22 周二, 09:21
剽窃一万次就是原创 ---杨老师教学笔记(7) 海归茶馆 2014-7-21 周一, 05:09

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 seattle离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.