海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: [分享]Career: My rules for success in business and life in general
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 [分享]Career: My rules for success in business and life in general   
BizDiggers

头衔: 海归上校

头衔: 海归上校
声望: 学员

加入时间: 2006/06/20
文章: 166
来自: USA
海归分: 60172

文章标题: [分享]Career: My rules for success in business and life in general (1733 reads)      时间: 2006-7-20 周四, 13:17   

作者:BizDiggers海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

This is the 16 rules shared by Go Daddy\'s CEO Bob Parsons based on his personal experience and observations:
(Here you can find the link for the full article: https://www.bizdiggers.com/story.php?id=631)
Anyone knows what exactly the Chinese old saying in Rule #3 is: \"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed.\"?

1. Get and stay out of your comfort zone. I believe that not much happens of any significance when we\'re in our comfort zone. I hear people say, \"But I\'m concerned about security.\" My response to that is simple: \"Security is for cadavers.\"

2. Never give up. Almost nothing works the first time it\'s attempted. Just because what you\'re doing does not seem to be working, doesn\'t mean it won\'t work. It just means that it might not work the way you\'re doing it. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it, and you wouldn\'t have an opportunity.

3. When you\'re ready to quit, you\'re closer than you think. There\'s an old Chinese saying that I just love, and I believe it is so true. It goes like this: \"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed.\"

4. With regard to whatever worries you, not only accept the worst thing that could happen, but make it a point to quantify what the worst thing could be. Very seldom will the worst consequence be anywhere near as bad as a cloud of \"undefined consequences.\" My father would tell me early on, when I was struggling and losing my shirt trying to get Parsons Technology going, \"Well, Robert, if it doesn\'t work, they can\'t eat you.\"

5. Focus on what you want to have happen. Remember that old saying, \"As you think, so shall you be.\"

6. Take things a day at a time. No matter how difficult your situation is, you can get through it if you don\'t look too far into the future, and focus on the present moment. You can get through anything one day at a time.

7. Always be moving forward. Never stop investing. Never stop improving. Never stop doing something new. The moment you stop improving your organization, it starts to die. Make it your goal to be better each and every day, in some small way. Remember the Japanese concept of Kaizen. Small daily improvements eventually result in huge advantages.

8. Be quick to decide. Remember what General George S. Patton said: \"A good plan violently executed today is far and away better than a perfect plan tomorrow.\"

9. Measure everything of significance. I swear this is true. Anything that is measured and watched, improves.

10. Anything that is not managed will deteriorate. If you want to uncover problems you don\'t know about, take a few moments and look closely at the areas you haven\'t examined for a while. I guarantee you problems will be there.

11. Pay attention to your competitors, but pay more attention to what you\'re doing. When you look at your competitors, remember that everything looks perfect at a distance. Even the planet Earth, if you get far enough into space, looks like a peaceful place.

12. Never let anybody push you around. In our society, with our laws and even playing field, you have just as much right to what you\'re doing as anyone else, provided that what you\'re doing is legal.

13. Never expect life to be fair. Life isn\'t fair. You make your own breaks. You\'ll be doing good if the only meaning fair has to you, is something that you pay when you get on a bus (i.e., fare).

14. Solve your own problems. You\'ll find that by coming up with your own solutions, you\'ll develop a competitive edge. Masura Ibuka, the co-founder of SONY, said it best: \"You never succeed in technology, business, or anything by following the others.\" There\'s also an old Asian saying that I remind myself of frequently. It goes like this: \"A wise man keeps his own counsel.\"

15. Don\'t take yourself too seriously. Lighten up. Often, at least half of what we accomplish is due to luck. None of us are in control as much as we like to think we are.

16. There\'s always a reason to smile. Find it. After all, you\'re really lucky just to be alive. Life is short. More and more, I agree with my little brother. He always reminds me: \"We\'re not here for a long time; we\'re here for a good time.\"

作者:BizDiggers海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
[分享]A Hyperloop Company formed [Los A... 海归商务 2013-11-04 周一, 00:37
[分享]The 10 Biggest Problems With Doin... 海归商务 2011-10-27 周四, 23:21
分享--北京!6月出OFFER: Business Operations... 海归职场 2010-6-11 周五, 17:47
[分享]宝妈 留学生均可或想找第二职业者 海归招聘 2024-4-22 周一, 10:30
[分享]云南鲜花空运澳大利亚,澳大利亚鲜花清关需要什么资料 海归主坛 2024-4-11 周四, 17:29
[分享]聘请无货源跨境电商网店经营者 (新手亦可) 海归招聘 2024-4-01 周一, 00:17
[分享]诚聘兼职,高薪自由零成本 海归招聘 2024-3-28 周四, 04:18
[分享]KM盘口搭建__低成本公开费用 共同合作 助您开盘做老板 海归茶馆 2024-3-15 周五, 20:35

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 BizDiggers离线  发送站内短信 浏览发表者的主页
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.