海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
科威特在花旗银行上赚了一大票,i wish i could say the same.
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 科威特在花旗银行上赚了一大票,i wish i could say the same.
ceo/cfo
[博客]
[个人文集]

头衔: 海归中将 头衔: 海归中将

声望: 院士
性别: 性别:男

加入时间: 2004/11/05
文章: 12941

海归分: 491633

文章时间: 2009-12-06 周日, 23:58    标题: 科威特在花旗银行上赚了一大票,i wish i could say the same. 引用回复   

科威特在花旗银行上赚了一大票,i wish i could say the same.
作者:ceo/cfo海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

Kuwait fund sells $4bn Citi stake
By Andrew England in Abu Dhabi

Published: December 6 2009 12:01 | Last updated: December 6 2009 14:01

Kuwait’s sovereign wealth fund has made a $1bn profit after selling its stake in Citigroup for $4.1bn less than two years after acquiring preferred shares the US’s largest bank during the financial crisis.

The Kuwait Investment Authority said on Sunday it had sold its entire stake in the US bank, earning the sovereign wealth fund a 37 per cent return on its investment.

The KIA sale comes as Citigroup is set to intensify efforts to break free from the US government’s emergency bank funding programme.

The KIA made the investment in Citi in January 2008 as struggling western banks looked to the oil rich Arab Gulf as a source of capital. It also invested $2bn in Merrill Lynch as Wall Street banks were hit by billions of dollars of writedowns linked to investments in the US property market.

The decision by Bank of America last week to pay back $45bn of government money has increased the pressure on other borrowers from the US government’s troubled asset relief programme, including Citigroup and Wells Fargo.

Citi announced in July that virtually all of the non-government holders of its preferred shares had agreed to convert them into common stock as part of a bail-out package for the bank, which has been a repeated recipient of US government assistance.

The KIA said it had taken the option of converting the preferred shares into common shares. But in a statement the fund did not reveal when the preferred shares were converted or when the ordinary shares were sold.

Citigroup shares, which fell below $5 earlier this year, closed at $17.40 on Friday in New York.

The investment by KIA in Citigroup was part of a $14bn capital raising by the US bank in January 2008 which followed a $7.5bn investment by the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority in November 2007.

Adia’s holding in Citi is in “equity units” currently paying 11 per cent annual income. They convert into common shares, beginning in March next year through to September 2011. Under the terms of the deal the units will be converted at a price of not less than $31.83 per share.

By the time the last tranche is converted, Citi will have paid almost $3bn in interest to Adia, a source familiar with the transaction said.

As the economic crisis worsened and Citigroup’s shares plummeted both the KIA and Adia were criticised for their investments.

In September 2008, Bader al-Saad, the KIA’s managing director, took the unusual step of acknowledging that at that time the KIA had suffered paper losses of $270m in Citi.

作者:ceo/cfo海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 ceo/cfo离线  发送站内短信
相关主题
【花旗银行配股的尴尬】在一个没有人喜欢吃粥的时代,这当然不是一件好事ZT【... 海归主坛 2009-12-20 周日, 13:23
工商银行 vs 花旗银行--稳健保守的乌龟战胜了聪明过度的兔子 海归主坛 2009-3-25 周三, 23:24
ZT 以目前的股价,一家中国建设银行,差不多可以换来花旗银行、美联银行、J... 谈股论金 2009-2-15 周日, 10:09
[笑话]花旗银行向中国客户承诺存款是绝对安全的 海归主坛 2008-11-26 周三, 23:32
[新闻]国开行拟20亿美元抄底花旗银行 海归主坛 2008-1-12 周六, 10:33
[分享]花旗银行引领您构筑个人财富 海归文学 2007-11-30 周五, 00:32
“花旗”银行在中国的掠夺 海归论坛 2007-2-17 周六, 06:54
海归网资深人士应花旗集团中国总部之邀,于15号星期天在花旗总部开讲座,欢迎... 海归茶馆 2015-2-08 周日, 14:17

显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间
1页,共1

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.